Thursday, October 3, 2013

County Fair 2013

It's been over two months since our county fair and with all that has been going on I forgot to post how my canned good did at the fair. At last minute I decided to gather some goodies up and send with my husband and daughter to enter them.

County Fair 2013

First time entering anything into a fair. So I was rather nervous sending items as I wasn't sure what they would be looking for. This is what I sent in and where I placed.

Ham and Bean Soup - Third place
Chili - Second place
Raw Pack Chicken Thighs - Second place
Plum Jam - Second place
Salsa - Second place
Corn - First place
Dandelion Jelly - First place
Cherry Pie Filling - First place
Orange Jelly - First place 
Blue-Barb Jam - First place

Not to shabby for the first time. I actually was totally shocked. There was so many great things submitted. I plan on taking items to the fair again next year I will take different items. If you submitted any canned foods in the fair how did you do?

Keep on canning
~ FarmGirl

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really enjoy your site and have tried several of your recipes. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very glad you enjoyed some of the recipes. I hope to be posting more as the winter comes on and I find some free time.

      Delete